It’s hard to believe that February is already over! Although it was a very rainy, cold and dreary month, it wasn’t all that bad. I did find some really great pieces for spring, and tried a few new products, so today I’m going to share my favorite February purchases.
Top: Helmut Lang (old), similar | Skirt: Anthropologie | Shoes: Christian Louboutin | Bag: Celine, similar | Sunglasses: Chloe, similar | Watch: Michele, this strap | Earrings: J Crew
- Naples Flounced Skirt: I mentioned recently that I was slightly obsessed with all of Anthropoligie’s Spring arrivals, and this skirt is one of them! I chose to keep it simple with a white top since I paired it with my orange Celine handbag for a pop of color. However, if the orange bag is too loud for you, this skirt would look equally fab with this yellow lace top. Whether you are wearing this look to work or to church, it will be a great staple piece for your spring wardrobe!
- Laura Mercier Eye Art Artists Palette: You might remember my Mini Makeover post with Kari Shuler that I did last month. (You can find it here). I had mentioned that I always get so stressed with larger eyeshadow palettes as I never know what to pair together. But after getting some tips from Kari, I decided to give it another shot. I purchased this palette a couple of weeks ago and I am obsessed! So far my favorite combination is, “Vanilla Nuts” all over, then “Fresco” in my crease to add depth, and finish with a touch of “Truffle” in my outer crease. For days when I am in a hurry, I just use the shade “Bamboo” all over my lid. It is a very subtle golden brown, almost khaki, with a sateen finish. I’m excited to try some of the darker plum shades for a date night look sometime soon….if we ever get to go on a date! 😉
- It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara: While we are on the topic of makeup, I have recently hopped on the It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara bandwagon. I have heard several beauty bloggers talk about it, so while I was at Sephora earlier this month, I decided to give it a try. It is seriously in the top 3 best mascaras I have ever used! It lengthens and thickens my lashes and lasts all day…even through an Abundio’s Fit Society workout, and let’s just say not many products can do that! I highly recommend it! I use it over this mascara primer that I have used for years.
- EMd Skincare: This past month I have been testing the EMd Skincare Line which is a medical grade skincare line created by Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon, Emily McLaughlin. Typically, I test products out for 30 days before deciding if I will be doing a review. The reason being that I like to give my skin plenty of time to react to the products and make sure that they work for me before I recommend them to someone else. However, within a couple of days of using these products, I had already made my mind up…they are THAT good. I will have a full review on the products up next month but I must say that my two favorites are the One Stop Shop and Plump. One Stop Shop is a retexturing and brightening cream that improves the appearance of skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles. It is seriously a miracle worker! I use this every night under my moisturizer and feel that it has already made such a difference on the texture of my skin. The other product that I am obsessed with is Plump which is a rejuvenating moisture enhancer. I use this in the morning under my moisturizer and makeup. It helps keep my skin moisturized all day and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I will go more into detail in my full review but had to give y’all a heads up as these products are truly amazing!
- Lee Keller Art: You may have seen my recent pet portrait painting on Instagram, but this was definitely one of my favorite purchases of February. I first discovered Lee on Etsy last Spring when I was looking for an artist to paint Ruby. I was so blown away by her work so when Rosie turned 6 months old, I commissioned Lee to create a portrait of her….I had to be fair! 😉 She is so incredibly talented and could not be sweeter to work with. The painting only took about two weeks to ship (from the time I purchased it). Another thing I love about Lee is that she will send you a photo of the piece before it ships to make sure you love it and to see if there is anything you want her to add. I have had a lot of questions on the size of my canvases so I thought this would be a good place to share. Both pieces are 40×40 but she offers a wide variety of sizes.Thanks so much for stopping by!
Photos by Maria Ciszek